Saturday, August 11, 2012

11 August 1012 - Saturday's Waffles -- A New Delight

What a fun world we live in! I'm talking about food trucks today, in this case Saturday's Waffle. This food truck only operates on Saturday and only makes Liege Waffles. Since my sister is in town helping me celebrate a week of vacation and is also working hard at both my house and my brother's house, I thought we should all meet for breakfast. David and Robin were hesitant but showed up. 

The food truck is a 1955 restored Shasta trailer. Very cool!

Get this. The owner is our insurance agent, a young man who has a wonderful time on Saturdays. 

Colin and his friend make all the waffles on site. They wear black pants, white shirts and black bow ties, which adds to the fun and ambiance. They broadcast wonderful big band music as well. 
  And here is my entire family eating a fabulous breakfast. David chose a waffle with mango raspberry topping, I had lemon curd with raspberries, Robin had mango and coconut, and Jack had a Benny which had an over easy egg, bacon and hollandaise sauce. All were delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment