Saturday, January 10, 2015

10 January 2015 - Shelfies and Color in the Winter

I have a vision of you all reading 'shelfies' and thinking that I am such a techie dinosaur that I don't know it is really selfie. Ha. I really do mean shelfie. 

Ever walked through your house and smiled when you see something on one of your shelves that you really love?  I have a couple of shelves that always make me happy, so today I am sharing my shelfies. 

Some of the bright spots have to do with color. For example, shelves full of chenille. These yarns were some of Jack's favorites for use in his weaving projects. But the arrangement by color always make me stop and admire. 


As a quilter I have the obligatory stash of fabric.


 A friend convinced me to arrange them by color and it kills me to admit that she was right. But even though I haven't done any cutting or sewing lately, just having a stash that is ready and waiting for me to get inspired is pretty darned great. 

Guess you can see I really like bright and bold colors. I have projects in mind for the pile of yellow and ideas for the greens as well. One of these days I'll have time to dive in.

 Speaking of colors, how could you not like a shelf that looks like this? 



Big color with bigger attitude. Plus two great artists: Picasso and McKimson.

And the Taz's dust devils? Just not in sight at the moment. 

While window sills are not quite a shelf, they count in my book since they can certainly hold collections of stuff. In this case, some of my favorite insulators.  Just something else that makes me smile. 


Many of you already know I have quite a love affair with gargoyles. While most of them live outside in the garden, I finally collected enough of the Notre Dame water spouts to have a choir. 

Could anyone see this on a daily basis and not just beam with happiness? Not quite sure if they are howling at the moon, engaged in some barbershop quartet silliness or just joyfully raising their voices in song.



What can I say? Show me your shelfies!




No comments:

Post a Comment