Thursday, July 4, 2013

4 July 2013 - Happy Birthday to the Red White and Blue

I was thinking a little red, white and blue would be in order today. 

Jack always hung the flag out on holidays. So my first thought was to hang Jack's flag, which was given to me "with thanks from a grateful nation in honor of his service."  I knew it was big, but it is nearly three times bigger than the flag we normally fly. But a few more nails and hooks later, it is up in honor of Jack and the 4th of July. 



Here are a few pieces from the Neon Museum and Boneyard in the proper patriotic colors. 



Keeping with the theme, just a few more reds, whites and blues. 

























2 comments:

  1. Ooh! I love this post! I'll have to keep an eye out for red, white and blue, too! Can't believe how behind I am on your blog. Wonderful pictures, though. What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used and still use a Lumix point and shoot. Great camera to slip in your pocket and go. I recently upgraded to a Canon SX50. It is problematic. It takes so long to get my subject in focus that I often lose the picture-- bird or insect takes off just as I push the button. It also wants to focus on the foreground and not the bird behind the leaves. Maybe I should read the manual. ;-}

      Delete