Saturday, March 23, 2013

23 March 2013 - Hawks

Quite a surprise this morning, waking up to six inches of new snow. We were pretty fortunate it was only six inches as it was a lake effect storm which can really dump a lot of snow. Most of the snow was to the west of us. 

I went out to get the paper and was standing in the driveway admiring the sun on the snow, and how the aspen catkins were wearing little glistening snow hats. Decided it called for a camera. 

I was fussed because the camera was not picking up all the sparkle that the eye sees. I became aware of constant pek pek pek sound, turned and saw a pair of hawks right over my head. I took way too many pictures of the pair, but they didn't seem to be bothered by me at all which was great.  Unfortunately, they were high in the tree and behind branches. 




 
  I got tickled when a flock of blue jays showed up to jeer at the hawks.  Only three jays show up in this picture but the pine tree was studded with jays like ornaments on a Christmas tree. 

Does it get any better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment