Tuesday, February 26, 2013

25 February 2013 - Full Snow Moon

The February full moon is traditionally called the snow moon. February typically has more snow than any other month. Here in Salt Lake it snowed on the snow moon. Just another snowy day in February. And we had many snowy days. 

Currently we have about two feet of snow on the lawns and even more on the roof, not to mention foot high ice dams around the edges. Water is backing up and dripping through the overhang onto the balcony. The icicles are huge. We have been trying to keep them knocked down as I think it must be a huge weight on the eves. It is scary how fast they come back and long they get. 


I know, yet another picture of snow on Mount Olympus. I'm almost through my second winter here, and I am still not over how gorgeous Olympus is, especially after a snowfall. the snow on the trees reminds me of the crystaline structures you could grow in water back when we were kids. 

 

When the sun is a certain angle, the deer trails are easy to see on the hillside. 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment