Friday, October 31, 2014

31 October 2014 - Big Sky Day and Even Bigger Night

One of the things I like best about driving across Wyoming is that you are on top of the world. The high plateaus give you nothing but sky. I love that.  Today for me, was similar, even though I was in Utah.

Starting early this morning before the sun was over the mountains, lots of sky and wonderful cloud formations. 







This evening I thought there should be a fabulous sunset, based on the clouds I saw today. Sunset was 6:24 this evening, so I hustled up Neff's canyon. 

I thought I was going to be disappointed, there was nothing but gray for so long. Then the first bit of pink appeared and I thought "Is this all there is?"  But no. I was reminded of How the Grinch Stole Christmas ended when the Grinch was expecting to hear the Whos boo-hooing 

It started in low.
Then it started to grow...
But this-- the sound wasn't sad.
Why, this sound sounded glad!  


This perfectly explains today's sunset. 





















And finally, 

No comments:

Post a Comment