Friday, September 26, 2014

26 September 2014 - A Circuitous Route

The weather people are forecasting a big slow rain storm for this weekend. They think the rain will start tonight, continue all day Saturday and possibly into Sunday. I have been meaning to take a trip up the canyon and check out the aspens. With the weekend forecast of rain and wind, I thought I should go today before the rain pulls the leaves off the trees.

It was a glorious day. Lots of deep blue sky, puffy clouds and swaths of golden aspens gleaming through the pines. What more could you ask for?  My trip started at the bottom of Big Cottonwood Canyon with a drive to the top, a walk around Silver Lake, then over Guardsman Pass and down to Midway, Heber, and on home. When Jack and I traveled together we were firm believers in the circuitous route--preferring to take a different way back from the way we came. You never know what you'll discover. 

There was a lot more water in Big Cottonwood Creek than I expected to see based on our drought situation. Even Silver Lake was fuller than last year.

 


You can accompany me on today's postcard perfect color tour. 








 
















Truly a golden day.


1 comment:

  1. Postcard Perfect! Not just gorgeous scenery but your artful eye and photographer's skills.
    What a lovely day to be out and away!

    ReplyDelete