Saturday, July 19, 2014

19 July 2014 - Back away from the window

I really need someone here to tell me , "Lauri, just step away from the window."  I have so much I want to do, not to mention need to do, and what am I doing?  Sitting on the kitchen counter with my nose pressed to the window. 

 I can't help it. Funny things are happening out there. I now have two sets of fledgling blue jays. Seven of them! And they are so darned silly. They are learning how to land on the suet feeder and eat. It takes a while before they master landing on something that swings madly underneath them. 

I was very taken with the solution this young jay found by hanging upside down with his legs fully extended. 

Definitely something I have not seen before. And, you have to admit, it is quite ingenious. 

It makes it very hard to step away from the windows when the circus is just outside. 









No comments:

Post a Comment